Nine Lies Band Biography
Nine Lies is an Indie Rock Band from Belfast in Northern Ireland.
Nine Lies was formed in 2003 by Stevie Mann with Nick Black, and Dave Kernohan. Shortly after Stoogie and John Rossi joined Nine Lies to create the line-up we know today.
Nine Lies are:
Stevie Mann – Lead Singer
Dave Kernohan – Guitar, Backing Vocals
Nick Black – Guitar
John Rossi – Bass Guitar, Backing Vocals
Stoogie – Drums
Nine Lies have had incredible success since their inception, realizing milestones that most unsigned bands can only dream of. Their determination and drive set them apart from the crowd, and this has been borne out in their achievements:
- 143,000 downloads of the single “Slippin Away”
- over 80,000 video views of the Nothin Left for Me Music Video
- The Nothin Left For Me Video played worldwide on An Lar TV Internet TV station
- The Song “Blind” licensed to Warner TV
- The Song “Behind It All” licensed as the theme tune to TV program ‘Our Prisoner’ in the USA.
- The Song “We R1” licensed to Techno Sweat
- The Licensing of several tracks to PC Games Development and Publishing for “Trucker 2″
- The song “Slippin Away” selected by ASCAP for excellence in song writing award at Music Expo in L.A.
- Legendary Producer Stuart Epps working with Nine Lies on the “Someone” EP
- Nine Lies were invited to play at Times Square, NYC for St Patrick’s Day 2011
- Being the Headline Act on the Unsigned Stage at Lark in the Park 2011
- Being invited back to play FMI Music Festival, Brazil 2011
Interesting facts about Nine Lies:
- Nine Lies Bassist John Rossi was originally in a little known band called Snow Patrol.
- Lead Singer Stevie Mann is the second Cousin of Singer/Song Writer Damien Rice.
- Nine Lies Recorded the B Side to ‘Someone’ with Legendary Producer Stuart Epps (Oasis/Robbie Williams/Elton John), but in an odd move produced the A side themselves.
Nine Lies Stats:
- 19,111,00 registered fans across Social Networks
- 66,676,84, known listeners, and potential fans across Social Networks
- A Total Figure of: 85,787,84 total listeners/fans across Social Networks
(figures taken from Next Big Sound)
Management and Promotions:
Nine Lies are currently signed to Eerie Management, and are pursuing a recording and publishing deal. They are working on a new album which they hope to release in 2012, with a tour of the UK to promote their new album and brand to the public.
Nine Lies enjoys radio play worldwide, and is building on this with a directed media campaign. They also own a fan only website called “Revolution” which aims to put their fans in the driving seat, using their fans influence and energy into developing more content both audio and visual that will continue to appeal to their fan base, and the wider community.
For further information on Nine Lies, please contact Tish Romanov at Eerie Management.